Friday, January 1, 2010

Confessions from 2009--A Day Late

(Inspired by: Carolyn...Online)

Even though I hated all the grocery shopping...there is also something I liked about controlling the food that's in the house. (Same goes for cooking dinner.)

I routinely hid my favorite coffee mug from the babysitter.

I bumped into someone's car, and when they didn't notice, I didn't tell them. (I don't think I left a mark, but, still...)

I had my knives "professionally" sharpened, which ruined them. I returned them to the store where they were bought (not sharpened), complaining that they dulled too easily. I plan to use the money to buy a new set of the exact same knives, and take better care of them.

I had many hateful thoughts directed toward non-parents.

Sometimes I thought I was smarter than everyone else. Really. I thought this. Ha!

I escaped domestic chores because I had a lot of work to do. Then I got on Facebook instead of doing it.

I returned many of the toys my sons got for Christmas. I just couldn't stand the clutter and junkiness. They haven't noticed because I used the store credit to buy them new (toy) electric guitars. (Now I want to return those, too...)

I have been very greedy when it comes to sleep. I probably should have gotten up with the kids on at least SOME of those Saturday mornings...

I have felt competitive with other women in my profession. I hate that.

I frequently forgot to count my blessings. Let's hope that gets better in 2010.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love that part about the knives. I so wish I would have thought of that. I too have the competitive streak with women in my profession. I just wish that, as a working mom, that I can concentrate on the balance of working and parenting. I envy the women who seem to do it perfectly; even though I know no one does. Thanks for your awesome list!

    ReplyDelete