Tuesday, December 22, 2009

8 Minutes

I have 8 minutes before the sitter leaves. What shall I do with this time?

I could-

Do some work or
Update my website or
Wrap presents or
Think or
Fix the broken towel-holder in the bathroom or
Look up holiday recipes or
Put away my shoes or
Clean off my desk or
Eat or
Start printing 2 years' worth of photos or
Reply to e-mails or
Return phone calls or
Cancel tomorrow's dentist appointment or
Put away groceries or
Plan for my workshop or
Internet shop for diapers or
Balance my checkbook or
Make a to-do list or
Start the next grocery list or
Breathe or
Sit or
Pee...
Maybe I'll multitask and do these last 3 at once...oh, no...too late. Time's up.

1 comment:

  1. This was hilarious!
    And more seriously, it really is such a hard thing to get used to, for me, that knowledge that no matter what I'm doing, I'm choosing NOT to do at least five other things deserving of my attention. I know that's life, and it's the same for everyone, but it's something I struggle with a lot. It's hard to choose the best thing from a list of good things.

    ReplyDelete