Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peeping Mom

I don't know if this would classify as a diagnosable mental disorder, or if it is even a problem, but I have to tell you that I am a peeping mom. You might have seen me occasionally peeking into your car window, or glancing in your open front door. But don't freak out. I am just checking to see if your car is covered in toys, cheerios, juice, crumbs, mud, wipes, and more toys. And I just want to know if your house has big huge piles of crap where organization once was. When I see that your car and your house are a chaotic, disorganized mess...I feel a wave of relief that I am not alone, a sense of deep cosmic connection, and a reassurance that nothing is really wrong with me...well, except for this peeping compulsion.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, me too! And what's weird is that if I have another mom coming over I LOSE MY MIND trying to get things clean---and yet if I go to another mom's house and it's clean, I think, "Welp, guess there's not much friend potential here." Clearly I should leave it messy.

    ReplyDelete