Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sometimes I Think This World is Crazy

Sometimes I think this world is crazy.

At these times, when everything and everyone (myself included) seems out-of-control, I long to be with my kids. Because they have it right. They laugh when they're happy. They cry when they're sad. They stomp when they're angry. They don't intentionally manipulate or play mind games. They say what they mean and mean what they say. And they're just totally straightforward about who they are and what they want. They, at ages 4 and 7, know what it means to be human. They know how to treat other people kindly while valuing and remaining true to themselves.

I have to say that I wish I were more like them. And the rest of this (crazy) world, too. I wish we could all be more like my boys.

Lucky for me, I get to spend time with these sage little buddhas every. single. day.

Ahhh....

(Maybe one day they'll teach me a thing or two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment